New MusicNews

Listen: Twin Shadow’s new single “To The Top”

on April 15, 2014, 10:00am

Photo by Milan Zrnic

It’s a shame George Lewis Jr., aka Twin Shadow, wasn’t making music back in 1987. He would’ve been a prime candidate to score a theme song for Sly Stallone’s classic arm wrestling vehicle, Over the Top. At least that’s what one might gather upon listening to his latest single, “To the Top”.

After slumming it in Austin dumpsters, Twin Shadow returns with just the right anthem to bring him… back to the top, as the title and chorus suggests. And similar to anything off 2010’s Forget or 2012’s Confess, “To the Top” sounds straight out of ’80s FM radio, as Lewis matches his vocals with Foreigner’s Mick Jones and revisits just about every ’80s action ballad shipped to screen.

That’s just our take. Here’s his:

What is it when you realize that someone isn’t right for you? Or when you find that you do not and can not posses someone entirely? You want someone so bad and it feels like hell.

It’s not like the first time, once loved love evolves, and you no longer have as much control, and it frustrates you. I think because of this feeling we find ourselves constantly wanting to reset, like new years resolutions, like dreaming up moments from the past where the ending flips on its head, like true forgiveness…We just want to say “wait wait wait, this went too far in the wrong direction, can we try that again.”

Throw on some shorts, grease up those pecks, and hit the road below.

The song was recording in Los Angeles at Hollywood Forever Cemetery & Studio Zapata Zabala with longtime Twin Shadow musical cohort Wynne Bennet. According to a press release, Lewis is currently working on a new full-length studio album.

'

Caitlyn
August 27, 2014 at 6:50 pm

My brother suggested I may like this website. He was once totally right.
This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how so much time I had spent for this info!
Thank you!

backpack reviews
August 23, 2014 at 4:36 pm

A�The Stephen Joseph backpack will solve this problem for it comes
with a personalize design. Find out more by shopping on the web at your leisure and
in order to compare and contrast the different prices. When our level of motivation is low we are a like a car without fuel.

nootropics
August 14, 2014 at 11:15 am

Remarkable issues here. I’m very glad to peer your article.
Thanks a lot and I’m taking a look forward to contact you.
Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

August 11, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Although some people may complain about how they do not have time to exercise,
it is actually simpler than they may think. Thus, even if you’re not on the treadmill anymore, your body continues to burn calories like crazy, making you lose fat even when you’re talking or lazing
around. Even if you are leasing and don’t own the building,
your business still has property.

Addiction Rehab NY
August 5, 2014 at 11:38 am

Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it
and personally recommend to my friends. I’m confident they
will be benefited from this web site.

www.agrisk.umn.edu
August 5, 2014 at 12:47 am

Was in actual fact searching for just an ordinary shower enclosures during which i found
this web site, didn’t have any idea there were any such
thing as a ‘steam shower enclosure’, really, may just have to acquire one

Arlette
August 4, 2014 at 4:06 pm

By using contrast, you are not only highlighting one but two focal points, which will draw the eye into the photo. However, asking a person with a dog (or a bird, cat or pot-bellied pig, or a python, etc. In this article, we will also discuss about maternity photographer and how this type of photographer is found in clicking the best shot of the pregnant lady.

Mora
August 3, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I
was wondering your situation; we have created some nice methods and we are looking to trade solutions with other folks, be sure to
shoot me an email if interested.

current mortgage interest rates in florida
August 3, 2014 at 11:32 am

I began researching my options; co-signers, high-risk lenders and a regular old
mortgage loan. For more information about this company, or to start the application process
you will need to visit their website or call their 888 number listed above.
Yes, internet leads are a great source for new business.