Watch: Jack White covers Metallica’s “Enter Sandman”

on June 29, 2014, 11:33am

Glastonbury attendees got a double dose of Metallica on Saturday. Not only did the band serve as the evening’s headliners, but Jack White paid tribute to the metal legends by covering “Enter Sandman” during his own set earlier in the day. White intertwined snippets of “Enter Sandman” into his performance of “Cannon”.

Replay White’s full performance below; the Metallica cover begins at the 45:00 mark.

The full Glastonbury setlist:

Icky Thump (The White Stripes song)
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
Screwdriver (The White Stripes song)
High Ball Stepper
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
Temporary Ground
Just One Drink
Missing Pieces
Black Math (The White Stripes song)
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told) (The White Stripes song)
Cannon (The White Stripes song) / Enter Sandman (Metallica cover)
Three Women
We’re Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes song)
Lazaretto

Encore:
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes song)
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)

weight loss diet
August 5, 2014 at 6:18 am

hi!,I like your writing so so much! proportion we keep
in touch extra about your post on AOL? I need an expert on this space to solve my problem.
May be that’s you! Taking a look ahead to see you.

www.looge.cn
July 19, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it
was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly
enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog
blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any
recommendations for newbie blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.

Ashli
July 15, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i came to “return the favor”.I’m attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

Ernest
July 15, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Right here is the perfect web site for anyone who really wants to find out about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a topic that’s been written about for a long time. Great stuff, just great!

best skin care for aging skin
July 5, 2014 at 12:11 am

Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web page, because i wish for enjoyment, as this this web site conations really good funny data too.

forskolin lotion
July 3, 2014 at 4:46 pm

It’s very trouble-free to find out any topic on net as compared to books, as I found
this article at this website.

Kristof Vandommele
June 30, 2014 at 11:37 am

what an extremely lousy guitar player

Erica Young
June 30, 2014 at 11:15 am

I love his music😇😍He now show to jam and rock not all this commercialized crap that if on the radio 😒

WowDude
June 30, 2014 at 10:48 am

That’s not enter sandman that’s cannon

WowDude
June 30, 2014 at 10:52 am

Never mind that’s clearly enter sandman

Brenda Lynn Davidson-freelin
June 30, 2014 at 8:21 am

what is wrong with Metallica NOW?

Brenda Lynn Davidson-freelin
June 30, 2014 at 8:19 am

Great guitar playing as always, enjoyed it…..And you put on a awesome concert.

arlabar
June 29, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I swear Jack White plugs into the electrical force field around the planet when he works his magic on stage!!! What a tour de force performance!!! Ferocious talent on display. Great crash n burn ending with Seven Nation Army never better!!!

Ole Sørensen
June 29, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Dear Jack White: Please do never ever play a Meta**ica riff again, for any reason. Can you please go back to being super cool? I’m loosing faith in humanity and music.

Debbie
June 29, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Ah, that was just HOTT!! Great set, jams and cover. Loved every single moment of it.

Mike
June 29, 2014 at 4:00 pm

“cover”?! Oh, come on.. :s

Trish
June 29, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Not sure where he covered Metallica’s Enter Sandman. If he did, it was for a split second. He played Canon and then went into Red Bird, and then back into Canon again.

Trish
June 29, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Went back and listened again…he does a bit of the riff but it’s not for very long. cool though! Love this whole set. Jack White is one of the musical geniuses of our time!

Jay (@jaymez33)
June 29, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Yeah, they’re obviously just desparate for views. He did a riff for about 5 seconds.

WowDude
June 30, 2014 at 10:52 am

It’s about 5-8 seconds

theanalographer
June 29, 2014 at 2:38 pm

i think he was madly drunk at the end. lilly mae gave him a look at the end (1:16:04) :D

June 29, 2014 at 4:34 pm

45:00

Seth Harbeck
June 29, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Honestly there aren’t many artists today that even compare to him. And I love this new band lineup as well….he seems very comfortable up there. I believe at this point we should get a live album or DVD. I know Jack doesn’t like to go along with all the usual rock cliches, but his loyal fans would really appreciate a more recent live record soon. Just like with Dylan or Young before him…you’ve gotta update often to satisfy the fascination…

Jay (@jaymez33)
June 29, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Yes! I just hope he does Death Letter. I still pop in my Under Blackpool Lights dvd every now and then, mostly for Death Letter.

Anson George