There is nothing subtle about the gaudy exhibitionist Morrissey. Granted, there’s nothing wrong with a standard compilation of his inspiring career either, one that spans more than a quarter of a century and demands a good few Moz-heads working tirelessly to create a “best of” list. However, a blindly led throng of solo hits or big-tune A-side bangers is never going to give you the whole story. With the arrival this week of World Peace Is None of Your Business, we’ve sweated, cried, and fought over a collection that will shine a light on 10 songs that aren’t always as their master would prefer them to be — in the spotlight. These are the songs that form a strong case for his continued existence, and ours.
Morrissey’s Top 10 Songs
An eclectic collection that offers a strong case for Moz's continued existence.
- 1FOX News says Kendrick Lamar "has done more damage to young African-Americans than racism"
- 2Grateful Dead's reunion concert ends with controversial $50,000 rainbow
- 3Kanye West silences the critics with earth-shattering Glastonbury performance
- 4Kendrick Lamar responds to FOX News: "How can you take a song that’s about hope and turn it into hatred?"
- 5Foo Fighters' Top 10 Songs
- 1Dave Grohl breaks leg after falling off stage in Sweden, finishes concert anyway
- 2Kanye West silences the critics with earth-shattering Glastonbury performance
- 3Smash Mouth singer goes on tirade, attempts to fight fans after being pelted with slices of bread
- 4Foo Fighters cancel tour dates due to Dave Grohl's broken leg
- 5Concert photographer calls out Taylor Swift for "hypocritical" Apple open letter