There is nothing subtle about the gaudy exhibitionist Morrissey. Granted, there’s nothing wrong with a standard compilation of his inspiring career either, one that spans more than a quarter of a century and demands a good few Moz-heads working tirelessly to create a “best of” list. However, a blindly led throng of solo hits or big-tune A-side bangers is never going to give you the whole story. With the arrival this week of World Peace Is None of Your Business, we’ve sweated, cried, and fought over a collection that will shine a light on 10 songs that aren’t always as their master would prefer them to be — in the spotlight. These are the songs that form a strong case for his continued existence, and ours.
Morrissey’s Top 10 Songs
An eclectic collection that offers a strong case for Moz's continued existence.
- 1Radiohead's new album could be finished by the fall
- 2Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson says he got tongue cancer from oral sex
- 3Faith No More take no prisoners with scorching Kimmel performance -- watch
- 4N.W.A.'s manager Jerry Heller says not letting Eazy-E kill Suge Knight was "a big mistake"
- 5Top 10 Songs of the Week (9/4)
- 1Kanye's face perfectly sums up Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' new song
- 2Footage surfaces of Prince's first "Purple Rain" performance circa 1983 -- watch
- 3Wanted: 20 Acts to Shake Up Future Music Festivals
- 4Listen to Travi$ Scott's "Piss On Your Grave" featuring Kanye West
- 5Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson says he got tongue cancer from oral sex
- 1Fan fronts Foo Fighters for cover of Rush's "Tom Sawyer" -- watch
- 2R.I.P. Pink Floyd, legendary psych-rock band is officially broken up
- 3Here's your first look at Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- 4Motörhead frontman Lemmy has switched from whiskey to vodka for health reasons
- 5Last night's Key & Peele sketch on OutKast was perfect