Lorde previously penned a heartfelt essay recounting her first encounter with Bowie and how he inspired her going forward. “I realized everything I’d ever done, or would do from then on, would be done like maybe he was watching,” Lorde wrote. “I realized I was proud of my spiky strangeness because he had been proud of his.” Read the full essay here.
Lorde delivers rousing tribute to David Bowie at 2016 Brit Awards — watch
The New Zealand songstress covers "Life on Mars?" with Bowie's own backing band
by Alex Young
on February 24, 2016, 5:02pm
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Lady Gaga banned from China after meeting with the Dalai Lama
- 2Courtney Love's ex-manager accused of kidnapping Frances Bean Cobain's estranged husband
- 3Noel Gallagher on Spotify: "Why would I want the entire fucking catalogue of the Kaiser Chiefs?"
- 4Roger Daltrey threatens to cancel concert due to marijuana smoke
- 5Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith performs with street musicians in London
- 1Ticketmaster is giving you (and everyone else) a bunch of free tickets as part of settlement
- 2David Lynch is throwing a music festival, and the lineup is absolutely bonkers
- 3Axl Rose sends notice to Google demanding takedown of fat memes
- 4Top 25 Albums of 2016 (So Far)
- 5Kanye West's "Famous" video is a literal orgy of famous naked people