SNL alumni Fred Armisen and Bill Hader spoof famous documentaries with their IFC comedy series Documentary Now. In one such episode, the duo parodied Talking Heads’ Stop Making Sense. With assistance from fellow SNL‘er Maya Rudolph, they formed a fake band called Test Pattern, released a fake album called Final Transmission, and even performed live on Late Night with Seth Meyers. Armisen, Hader, and Rudolph kept the bit going as this weekend’s Festival Supreme, taking the stage to perform a full set as Test Pattern. Watch fan-shot footage below.
Fred Armisen and Bill Hader’s Talking Heads parody band perform at Festival Supreme — watch
The fake band played a very real gig at Tenacious D's annual comedy festival
by Alex Young
on October 30, 2016, 12:50pm
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Top 50 Albums of 2016
- 2Napoleon Dynamite cast reunites for Burger King tater tots commercial -- watch
- 3Joe Corré, son of Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, burns $7 million worth of punk artifacts
- 4The Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016
- 5Two year old discovers Rage Against the Machine, rocks the fuck out -- watch
- 1Snoop Dogg responds to Kanye West's latest on-stage meltdown: "What the fuck is he on?”
- 2Top 50 Albums of 2016
- 3Kanye West fully intends to run for president in 2020: "I’m going to try to do it"
- 4A Tribe Called Quest enlist Jack White, André 3000, Kendrick Lamar for new album
- 5At this very moment, no one on Earth is happier than Bill Murray