News
The No. 1 Source For Breaking Music and Film Headlines

Judge says Kraftwerk now allowed to perform in Buenos Aires

on November 14, 2016, 5:55pm

Photo by Robert Altman

Last week, it was announced that a previously scheduled Kraftwerk concert in Bueno Aires would be scrapped due to the city’s ban on events in which “synthesizers or samplers” are used as the primary instrument. The ban was put in place earlier this year following six drug overdose-related deaths at a local electronic music festival.

Now, Buenos Aires judge Lisandro Fastman has decided to let the Kraftwerk concert go on as planned. As Clarín points out (via FACT), the promotion company behind the show, Promoters Move Concerts, was successful in appealing to the court by explaining the difference between a Kraftwerk gig and a typical EDM show (fans, of course, knew these differences all along). In his ruling, Fastman — who oversaw the original court case this past spring — said that going forward the ban’s language shouldn’t be so stringent.

The Kraftwerk show is scheduled to take place on November 23rd in Buenos Aires’ Luna Park.

 

No comments