This year, Rockstar Energy Drinks presented the 2nd Annual Mayhem Festival for 26 dates in the U.S., all with the intention of upping the ante of last year’s inaugural blowout. If you recall, that initial docket featured the likes of Slipknot, Disturbed, Dragonforce, and Mastodon. It’s hard to imagine how any organizer could top that line up, but here we are in 2009, and sure enough, they did.
The Black Dahlia Murder
- 1Van Halen, with singer David Lee Roth, make US TV debut on Jimmy Kimmel -- watch
- 2Hannibal Buress obliterates Justin Bieber: "I hate your music more than Bill Cosby hates my comedy"
- 3Smashing Pumpkins and Marilyn Manson announce co-headlining tour
- 4Jay Z launches streaming music service TIDAL
- 5The Rolling Stones announce North American stadium tour
- 1Jay Z launches streaming music service TIDAL
- 2Rebel Heart a commercial flop? Madonna's new album is her worst-selling release in 20 years
- 3The Top 5 Things We Learned from High Fidelity
- 4Van Halen, with singer David Lee Roth, make US TV debut on Jimmy Kimmel -- watch
- 5Hannibal Buress obliterates Justin Bieber: "I hate your music more than Bill Cosby hates my comedy"
- 1Kanye West unveils studio version of "All Day" -- listen
- 2R.I.P. iPod: Sony unveils cassette tape that can hold 64,750,000 songs
- 3Prince will perform spontaneous concerts across the US beginning next week
- 4You can blame Lars Ulrich for the lack of bass on Metallica's ... And Justice For All
- 5Modest Mouse in 10 Songs