If your dream career involves running your own record label, consider today’s episode of Rock it Out! Blog your first stop before you try and sign the next great rock band. Today, Sami brings together Bloodshot Records’ Nan Warshaw, Red Scare Industries’ Tobias Jeg, and Maek Records head Jason Sizer for a roundtable discussion on the in’s and out’s of labels and the necessary steps to becoming the next big label mogul. They also discuss the downsides of being your own boss, how new media’s altered the way labels function, and why, even as more artists manage their own careers and creative destinies, labels still matter to the industry at large.
“How To Start A Record Label”
on February 05, 2014, 8:15pm
Rock it Out! Blog: “Music and Video Games: A Love Story”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Jack White discusses Meg, the expense of touring, and his future in music
- 2Listen to Dr. Dre and Kendrick Lamar together on "2 Night"
- 3Stream: ASAP Rocky's new album At.Long.Last.ASAP
- 4Sasquatch! 2015 Festival Review: From Worst to Best
- 5John Frusciante will no longer release music for public consumption
- 1The lyrics of recent No. 1 singles average at a third grade reading level
- 2Jack White discusses Meg, the expense of touring, and his future in music
- 3Foo Fighters send off David Letterman with one final performance of "Everlong" -- watch
- 4Update: Austin City Limits announces 2015 lineup
- 5Scott Weiland attempts to sing Stone Temple Pilots' "Vasoline", and it doesn't go well -- watch