If your dream career involves running your own record label, consider today’s episode of Rock it Out! Blog your first stop before you try and sign the next great rock band. Today, Sami brings together Bloodshot Records’ Nan Warshaw, Red Scare Industries’ Tobias Jeg, and Maek Records head Jason Sizer for a roundtable discussion on the in’s and out’s of labels and the necessary steps to becoming the next big label mogul. They also discuss the downsides of being your own boss, how new media’s altered the way labels function, and why, even as more artists manage their own careers and creative destinies, labels still matter to the industry at large.
“How To Start A Record Label”
on February 05, 2014, 8:15pm
Rock it Out! Blog: “Music and Video Games: A Love Story”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Jack White and A Tribe Called Quest's Q-Tip stun MSG with ferocious melding of rap and rock -- watch
- 2Win Butler to play in NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
- 3Update: Tom Petty awarded songwriting royalties for Sam Smith's "Stay With Me"
- 4Let "The Dude" lull you to sleep: Jeff Bridges releases an ambient drone album
- 5New Gorillaz on the way: Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett confirm return of the band
- 1Update: Tom Petty awarded songwriting royalties for Sam Smith's "Stay With Me"
- 2Top 10 4AD Albums
- 3Live Review: Marilyn Manson at New York City's Terminal 5 (1/29)
- 4Blink-182 says Tom DeLonge has quit the band, to the surprise of Tom DeLonge
- 5Faith No More announce North American tour, new single "Superhero"