If your dream career involves running your own record label, consider today’s episode of Rock it Out! Blog your first stop before you try and sign the next great rock band. Today, Sami brings together Bloodshot Records’ Nan Warshaw, Red Scare Industries’ Tobias Jeg, and Maek Records head Jason Sizer for a roundtable discussion on the in’s and out’s of labels and the necessary steps to becoming the next big label mogul. They also discuss the downsides of being your own boss, how new media’s altered the way labels function, and why, even as more artists manage their own careers and creative destinies, labels still matter to the industry at large.
“How To Start A Record Label”
on February 05, 2014, 8:15pm
Rock it Out! Blog: “Music and Video Games: A Love Story”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Listen to Britney Spears and Giorgio Moroder's surprisingly great cover of "Tom's Diner" -- listen
- 2Grateful Dead members planning full-scale tour with John Mayer
- 3Jared Leto debuts his portrayal of The Joker, and it's absolutely terrifying
- 4You Can't Do That! 10 Films That Would Never Be Made in Today's PC Climate
- 5Update: This homophobic t-shirt is for sale at Coachella sister festival Stagecoach
- 1Grateful Dead members planning full-scale tour with John Mayer
- 2Listen to Britney Spears and Giorgio Moroder's surprisingly great cover of "Tom's Diner" -- listen
- 3Was Drake the worst headliner in Coachella history?
- 4Jared Leto debuts his portrayal of The Joker, and it's absolutely terrifying
- 5Hear Kurt Cobain's lost cover of The Beatles' "And I Love Her"
- 1Here's our first look at the Griswold family in new Vacation film
- 2Coachella 2015 Festival Review: From Worst to Best
- 3American hero puts Justin Bieber in stranglehold and kicks him out of Coachella
- 4Netflix looking to revive Full House for new 13-episode season
- 5Van Halen, with singer David Lee Roth, make US TV debut on Jimmy Kimmel -- watch