Apparently not scared off by what Guitar Hero did to Kurt, Daft Punk has agreed to bring its trademark beats, disguises, and set designs, as well as some exclusive mixes to the upcoming DJ Hero videogame. The news comes from Rolling Stone, which reports that DJ Hero has “meticulously digitally reproduced the robotic onstage alter egos of Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, allowing gamers to assume Daft Punks identity while playing in a special venue that mirrors the duos recent stage show and lighting.”
“Its the next best thing to being at a Daft Punk concert,” explained Tim Riley, Activisions VP of Music Affairs. “They are known to be selective about the projects they get involved with and being able to partner with them in this way is a rare opportunity we are honored to have.”
Along with the digital alter egos and mirrors will be 11 exclusive mashups and two “megamixes” Daft Punk contributed specifically for the game.
Play as Daft Punk (or any other of the confirmed DJs) beginning October 27th.
Daft Punk contributed mixes for DJ Hero:
- Daft Punk Around the World vs. Young MC Bust A Move
- Daft Punk Da Funk vs. NASA Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB and Fatlip
- Daft Punk Da Funk vs. Queen Another One Bites the Dust
- Daft Punk Robot Rock vs. Hashim Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)
- Daft Punk Robot Rock vs. Queen We Will Rock You
- Daft Punk Short Circuit vs. Boogie Down Productions Jack Of Spades
- Daft Punk Technologic vs. Gary Numan Cars
- Daft Punk Television Rules The Nation vs. No Doubt Hella Good