You may not have heard of the New York based project Dive Index, but surely you know the people composing it. In addition to composer/producer Will Thomas, the electro oriented project features contributions from Joseph Arthur, Patrick Cooper, Cat Martino, and former Ride vocalist Mark Gardener. So perhaps then you’d be interested in checking out — in video form — their song titled “Burn Their Bodies”, off their forthcoming second LP The Surface We Divide.
The song itself, and the other 10 on the album, were born from concepts forged by Thomas and doled out to the other vocalists. Files and conversations happened over email, band members likening the whole process to a really isolated conversation. Whatever the method, it seems to work. Thomas and Martino’s vocals seem to blend together almost instinctively, with a hurried beat of guitar, percussion, and hand claps moving the now double-headed beast to a plane of folky ambience. Coupled with a video of brightly assorted imagery, you get the sense it’s OK to feel isolated.
Enjoy the video below. The Surface We Divide hits stores October 12th via Neutral Music.
The Surface We Divide Tracklist:
01. Cut (featuring Joseph Arthur)
02. Burn Their Bodies (featuring Cat Martino)
03. Agatha (featuring Patrick Cooper)
04. Love Like Ghosts (featuring Mark Gardener)
05. Blind & Closed (featuring Cat Martino & Joseph Arthur)
06. Blink (featuring Patrick Cooper)
07. Finally Out (featuring Cat Martino)
08. Framed & Frozen (featuring S. Shaw)
09. Puppet Spinning (featuring Cat Martino)
10. Answers (featuring Joseph Arthur)
11. Life On the Wire (featuring Mark Gardener & Cat Martino)