In an interview with NME (via Gorillaz News), Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn reveals the potential release date and juicy details of his next album with the cartoon band. According to Albarn, the LP was done in “hotel rooms across America” with a potential release date just in time for Christmas. As if that weren’t a holiday miracle in and of itself, the album was recorded on an iPad, something of an accomplishment for the self-professed “technophobe and Luddite.” The Blur frontman also confirmed that the album would be “more American-sounding than Blur” and feature an “English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America.” That and a mysterious project that’s close to Albarn’s heart has got us dreaming of a Gorillaz Xmas. So, yeah, checkmate Jack.
Damon Albarn plans new Gorillaz album for Christmas?
by Chris Coplan
on November 11, 2010, 3:41pm
Check Out: The Cool Kids – “Big Talk”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Soundgarden, Pearl Jam members pay tribute to Chris Cornell: "My dark knight is gone"
- 2Former Foo Fighters guitarist calls Chris Cornell "selfish" for killing himself
- 3Chris Cornell to be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery
- 4Jack White to release children's book inspired by The White Stripes' "We're Going To Be Friends"
- 5Recapping Twin Peaks: The Return: Part 1 and 2
- 1Chris Cornell's death ruled suicide by hanging
- 2Soundgarden, Pearl Jam members pay tribute to Chris Cornell: "My dark knight is gone"
- 3In his final live performance, Chris Cornell interwove Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying" with "Slaves & Bulldozers" -- watch
- 4The Top 10 Grunge Albums of All Time
- 5Chris Cornell's death is being investigated as a possible suicide: Police