Part nine in The Smashing Pumpkins’ ongoing Teargarden By Kaleidyscope project comes in the form of “Lightning Strikes”. According to frontman Billy Corgan (via an issued press release), the track was originally written for California acid rockers The Electric Prunes, “but I found an element in it that suggested a bigger picture, and unfortunately I stole it back from them. The lyric in my mind combines the isolation of modern life with the need for a never ending romantic story. Ironically, the release comes just weeks after The Electric Prunes’ bassist, Mark Tulin, passed away, and Corgan says it is dedicated both Tulin and the people of Japan.
Check Out: The Smashing Pumpkins – "Lightning Strikes"
by Alex Young
on March 17, 2011, 1:07pm
- 1Kanye West and his family will appear on the Family Feud
- 2R.I.P. Bento, the Keyboard Cat
- 3Donald Glover announces 2018 US arena tour as Childish Gambino
- 4Teenager who plotted terror attack on Justin Bieber concert sentenced to life in prison
- 5Smashing Pumpkins' reunion tour doesn't appear to be selling very well