While Annie Clark has earned a lot of well-deserved acclaim as a songwriter and guitarist, she’s also a brilliant reinterpreter of other artists’ songs. From Big Black and INXS to Tom Waits and Dolly Parton, Clark has put her own distinct brand on everything from classic tracks to beloved obscurities since she burst onto the indie rock scene five years ago. Here are several of Clark’s best cover songs from over the years.
St. Vincent’s Best Cover Songs
on September 09, 2011, 11:02am
- 1Sean Spicer breaks silence on Melissa McCarthy's SNL impersonation: "It was stupid, or silly, or malicious"
- 2Eddie Vedder leads teary performance of "Black" in tribute to Chris Cornell: Watch
- 3R.I.P. Chester Bennington, Linkin Park singer has died at age of 41
- 4Ben Affleck's days playing Batman are numbered: Report
- 5Nine Inch Nails share epic live clip from Bakersfield comeback concert: Watch
- 1R.I.P. Chester Bennington, Linkin Park singer has died at age of 41
- 2Ranking: Every Christopher Nolan Movie from Worst to Best
- 310 Hair Metal Albums That Don't Suck
- 4Radiohead finally take the stage in Israel, play their longest concert in 11 years: Setlist + Video
- 5Sean Spicer breaks silence on Melissa McCarthy's SNL impersonation: "It was stupid, or silly, or malicious"