Speaking of Bob Dylan, the next project from the legendary singer-songwriter comes in the form of The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams. As previously reported, the 12-track effort sees Dylan, Jack White, Norah Jones, Lucinda Williams, and Sheryl Crow, among others, finishing unreleased lyrics and song ideas found in the late country star’s ‘lost notebooks’. The end result will be unveiled this coming Tuesday, October 4th via Columbia.
Right now, you can stream Dylan and Jones’ contributions, titled “The Love That Faded” and “How Many Times Have You Broken My Heart?”, respectively, at NPR.org. 30-second samples for the album’s other
10 nine tracks are up for grabs at Amazon.com. Update: You can now hear the full-length recording of White’s track, “You Know That I Know”, at RollingStone.com.
The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams Tracklist:
01. Alan Jackson Youve Been Lonesome, Too
02. Bob Dylan The Love That Faded
03. Norah Jones How Many Times Have You Broken My Heart?
04. Jack White You Know That I Know
05. Lucinda Williams Im So Happy I Found You
06. Vince Gill and Rodney Crowell I Hope You Shed a Million Tears
07. Patty Loveless Youre Through Fooling Me
08. Levon Helm Youll Never Again Be Mine
09. Holly Williams Blue Is My Heart
10. Jakob Dylan Oh, Mama, Come Home
11. Sheryl Crow Angel Mine
12. Merle Haggard The Sermon on the Mount