In recent weeks, UK goth rockers The Horrors have covered Beyoncé’s “Best Thing I Never Had” and David Bowie’s “Suffragette City. In both instances, the band took distinctive sounds and turned them into their own slices of post-punk creepiness. Now, the band continues a similar approach with their remix of Lady Gaga’s “Bloody Mary”, from the upcoming album Born This Way: The Remix. What was a campy romp of pop music farce has been stripped down to its most essential and haunting. Be it a cover song or a remix, the band has mastered their sound well enough to consume even the largest pop giants. Check it out below (via NME).
Then, for comparison’s sake, the Gaga original.
Born This Way: The Remix his stores November 21st via Interscope Records.
Born This Way: The Remix Tracklist:
01. Born This Way (Zedd Remix)
02. Judas (Goldfrapp Remix)
03. The Edge of Glory (Foster the People Remix)
04. YoÃ¼ And I (Wild Beasts Remix)
05. Marry the Night (The Weeknd & Ilangelo Remix)
06. Black Jesus (Michael Woods Remix)
07. Bloody Mary (The Horrors Remix)
08. ScheiÃe (Guena LG Remix)
09. Americano (Gregori Klosman Remix)
10. Electric Chapel (Two Door Cinema Club Remix)
11. YoÃ¼ And I (Metronomy Remix)
12. Judas (Hurts Remix)
13. Born This Way (Twin Shadow Remix)
14. The Edge of Glory (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix)
15. Judas (RÃ¶yksopps 30 Pieces Mix) (iTunes Bonus Track)