On this edition of Audiography, we feature reviews of the latest releases by Guided by Voices frontman Robert Pollard, rock opera legend Meat Loaf, LA hip hop collective Odd Future, the R&B hip hop of THEESatisfaction, and the Material Girl herself, Madonna. We also chat with Bowerbirds Phil Moore about his band’s new album, The Clearing, creating a bigger, broader sound, recording at Bon Ivers studio, and the UKs love of all things folkie.
01. Robert Pollard – “Picnic Drums” (excerpt), “Aspirin Moon” (excerpt)
02. Meat Loaf – “The Giving Tree” (excerpt), “California Dreamin'” (excerpt)
03. THEESatisfaction – “Enchantruss” (excerpt), “QueenS” (excerpt)
04. Odd Future – “NY (Ned Flanders)” (excerpt), “White” (excerpt)
05. Madonna – “Falling Free” (excerpt), “Love Spent” (excerpt)
06. Bowerbirds – Tuck the Darkness In, Now We Hurry On, and Sweet Moment
Audiography Episode 031 Phil Moore (of Bowerbirds)
Written and Produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, David DiLillo, Adam Kivel, Nick Freed, Mike Madden, Bryant Kitching, Michael Roffman, and Leah Cappelli
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!