In this edition of Audiography, we feature reviews of the latest albums by Liars, Gemma Ray and the Walkmen. We talk with Aaron Hemphill of Liars. We discuss the band’s newest album, WIXIW, as well as revisit Liars’ previous effort, Sisterworld. We look into the making of both albums and how the band shifted their focus and approach to songwriting. In a unique twist, Hemphill interviews our own Len Comaratta about his first concert experience, leading to a discussion of Liars’ role in Beck’s Record Club and recording INXS’ “Kick” alongside St. Vincent’s Annie Clark.
01. Liars – “The Exact Color of Doubt” (excerpt), “Octagon” (excerpt)
02. Gemma Ray – “Alive Alive” (excerpt), “Rescue Me” (excerpt)
03. The Walkmen – “We Can’t Be Beat” (excerpt), “Dreamboat” (excerpt)
04. Liars – Proud Evolution (Sisterworld)
05. Liars – No. 1 Against the Rush, Brats (WIXIW)
06. Liars – “No. 1 Against the Rush” (Vince Clarke remix)
07. Liars, St. Vincent, Os Mutantes, Beck – Devil Inside (Beck Record Club Kick)
08. Liars – Ill Valley Prodigies (WIXIW)
09. The Jam – English Rose (All Mod Cons)
Audiography Episode 041 Aaron Hemphill (of Liars)”
Written and Produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Ben Kaye, Chris Coplan, Michael Roffman, Harley Brown, Adam Kivel, Tony Hardy, Bryant Kitching and Nick Freed.
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!