On this edition of Audiography, we feature reviews of the insanely infectious pop genius of Dan Deacon and his newest album, America; Wild Nothings ’80s infused dream-pop sophomore album, Nocturne; and thoroughly bonkers Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti and its latest release, Mature Themes.
We also feature an interview between Consequence of Sounds Len Comaratta and Felix Martin, a member of the UK dance rock band Hot Chip. As the band prepared to release In Our Heads, their fifth studio album, Martin and I talked about working with producer and long-time friend Mark Ralph, how the band has maintained its solid relationship over ten years, and the influences of Zappa, soul, and Connie Mack, as well as what defines Hot Chips signature sound.
01. Dan Deacon “True Thrush” (excerpt), “USA III” (excerpt)
02. Wild Nothing – “Shadow” (excerpt), “Rheya” (excerpt)
03. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – “Baby” (excerpt), ”Only In My Dreams” (excerpt)
04. Hot Chip How Do You Do (In Our Heads)
05. Hot Chip And I Was a Boy From School (The Warning)
06. Hot Chip Night & Day (In Our Heads)
07. Hot Chip Dont Dance (Made In the Dark)
Audiography Episode 052 Felix Martin (of Hot Chip)”
Written and Produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Chris Coplan, Adam Kivel, Jake Cohen, Bryant Kitching, Harley Brown, Nick Freed
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!