Los Campesinos! are celebrating the holidays with a new Christmas-themed single titled, “A Doe to a Deer”. It sports all the hallmarks of a typical Campesinos anthem, with spiraling instrumentation and cajoling hymns like “If you’ll be mine for Christmas / A doe to a deer / I’ll be home for Christmas / And home will be here.” Again, it’s all sing-along, feel good stuff, which is quite odd considering the band’s bassist Ellen Waddell recently announced that she’s leaving the group. Oh well, there’s always January to mourn. For now, download the free track below and divvy up the gingerbread.
Los Campesinos! release new Christmas single, “A Doe to a Deer”
on December 12, 2012, 12:15pm
Video: Toro Y Moi – “So Many Details”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Justin Bieber cancels tour to "rededicate himself to Christ," subsequently drives truck into paparazzi
- 2Pennywise speaks in official trailer for Stephen King's It: Watch
- 3Ranking: Every Arcade Fire Song From Worst to Best
- 4Bryan Cranston, Carrie Brownstein, Nick Offerman will tell Larry David to F-off on new season of Curb Your Enthusasiam
- 5Kid Rock offers update on his Senate run: "The Democrats are ‘shattin’ in their pantaloons right now"
- 1The 50 Most Outrageous Album Covers
- 2Eddie Vedder leads teary performance of "Black" in tribute to Chris Cornell: Watch
- 3Michael Phelps just raced against a great white shark on national TV
- 4Sean Spicer breaks silence on Melissa McCarthy's SNL impersonation: "It was stupid, or silly, or malicious"
- 5Ranking: Every Arcade Fire Song From Worst to Best