You’ve waited long enough: Daft Punk’s new album, Random Access Memories, can now be heard in full. Ahead of its May 21st release via Columbia, the 13-track effort is streaming on iTunes. Take a listen here.
In the works since 2008, Daft Punk recorded the album in Paris, Los Angeles, and New York alongside a cavalcade of guest contributors, including Pharrell Williams, The Strokes Julian Casablancas, Giorgio Moroder, and Animal Collectives Panda Bear as guest vocalists, Chic frontman Nile Rodgers on rhythm guitar, and top-notch session players,” who previously recorded with Michael Jackson, Herbie Hancock, and Eric Clapton.
The pair was dissatisfied with early demos, which leaned heavily on electronic equipment, and ultimately adopted a more organic approach. We wanted to do what we used to do with machines and samplers but with people, Thomas Bangalter explained to Rolling Stone. Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo added: The Seventies and the Eighties are the tastiest era for us Its not that we cant make crazy futuristic sounding stuff, but we wanted to play with the past.
Pre-orders are ongoing.
* = In order to hear the stream, you’ll need to open Daft Punk’s artist page (and not the album pre-order page). This is what it should look like.
Random Access Memories Tracklist:
01. Give Life Back to Music feat. Nile Rodgers
02. The Game of Love
03. Giorgio by Moroder feat. Giorgio Moroder
04. Within feat. Chilly Gonzales
05. Instant Crush feat. Julian Casablancas
06. Lose Yourself to Dance feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
07. Touch feat. Paul Williams
08. Get Lucky feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
11. Fragments of Time feat. Todd Edwards
12. Doin It Right feat. Panda Bear
13. Contact feat. DJ Falcon