In news you probably couldn’t make up even with 100 monkeys on 100 typewriters, First Lady Michelle Obama is releasing a hip-hop album. And Samantha Sheffield, wife of UK Prime Minister David Cameron, is organizing a fight club.
Unfortunately, Mrs. Obama hasn’t recorded renditions of “Jump Around” or “Ruff Ryders Anthem”. Instead, as Politico points out, she’s teamed with the Partnership for a Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health (yes, that’s a real thing) to release Songs for a Healthier America, featuring a who’s who of R&B and rap names touting the benefits of a healthy diet and regular exercise.
The 19-track effort features cuts from Reverend Run of Run DMC (on a song that features the phrase “Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds”), Doug E. Fresh, Jordin Sparks, Ashanti, and Blink-182’s Travis Barker and Matisyahu as Salad Bar (!) Aside from organizing the album, Obama will appear in music videos set to be distributed to schools nationwide.
For a low fat taste, head here to watch the video for “Everybody”, featuring Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, and Dr. Oz. More videos will be previewed in the coming weeks.
Songs for a Healthier America Tracklist:
01. Everybody (ft. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
02. U R What You Eat (feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker))
03. Lets Move (ft. Doug E Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
04. Just Believe (ft. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
05. Veggie Luv (ft. Monifah and J Rome)
06. Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (ft. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins)
07. Stronger (ft. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren)
08. Give Myself a Try (ft. Ryan Beatty)
09. Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. Hip Hop LEAN (ft. Artie Green)
11. Pass the Rock (ft. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. Good Living (ft. Ashton Jones)
13. Beautiful (ft. Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. Change the Game (ft. The Happiness Club and Naledge)
15. Wanna Jump (Lets Move) (ft. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)
16. Mother May I? (ft. Amelia Robinson)
17. We Like Vegetables (ft. Los Barkers!)
18. Get Up Sit Up (ft. Ian James and Ricky Baitz)
19. One Step Forward (ft. Samite)