We all know Annie Clark as St. Vincent, guitar goddess whose hotly anticipated self-titled fourth studio album could contribute to a big year for women in rock. But who would’ve guessed that at the same age Clark first picked up a guitar, she was kicking a soccer ball around the pitch with equal vigor. Rookie Magazine uncovered this little-known factoid and got the rocker to demonstrate some of her skillz for their readers. In the clip below, watch Clark, hands firmly in her trenchcoat’s pockets, demonstrate the tricky soccer maneuver known as a Rainbow. Something tells me if my soccer coach was this adorable, I might’ve had a shot at some athletic ability.
Learn how to do a Rainbow soccer kick with St. Vincent
by Ben Kaye
on January 27, 2014, 3:00pm
- 1R.I.P. Bento, the Keyboard Cat
- 2Hannibal Buress kicked off stage at Loyola University after joking about priests molesting kids
- 3Pearl Jam pay tribute to Chris Cornell at first concert of 2018: Video + Setlist
- 4Neil Young responds to NRA spokesperson's obsessive hatred of his music: “Why doesn’t she just shoot me?"
- 5The 25 Greatest Hip-Hop Debut Albums of All Time