German electro-pop outfit The Notwist will soon return with their first album in six years, Close To The Glass, thanks to a new deal with Sub Pop Records. Already we’ve previewed the title track, a glitchy, pulsating number that sounded like something Thom Yorke would come up with. “Kong”, however, is much more peppy and straightforward, seeming more like a Kevin Drew tune than one from the Radiohead frontman. Marked with fuzzy synths, a driving bassline, and abounding vocal hooks, “Kong” even has a trippy outro, adding an extra layer of interesting. It all builds up to the February 25th release of Close To The Glass. Listen below.
Listen: The Notwist’s exciting new song “Kong”
by Josh Terry
on January 21, 2014, 5:37pm
- 1Soundgarden, Pearl Jam members pay tribute to Chris Cornell: "My dark knight is gone"
- 2R.I.P. Nick Menza, longtime Megadeth drummer dies on stage after suffering a heart attack
- 3Chris Cornell's death ruled suicide by hanging
- 4Update: At least 22 people are dead following explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 521 Savage, Drake, and Young Thug link up on new banger "Issa" -- listen