When Biggie Smalls rapped “Grab your dick if you love hip-hop,” you best believe a bunch of hands went to a bunch of crotches. And to this day, when Joan Jett belts out “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”, she knows damn well she’s not alone in digging the sweet, sweet racket made with guitar, bass, and drums. That’s because rap and rock are well entrenched in popular culture. You can’t imagine life without them. But not all genres have that kind of widespread appeal. One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain, and that’s the idea behind this celebration of divisive musical genres.
10 Genres You Either Love or Despise
One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain.
on March 31, 2014, 12:00am
- 1The Killers announce 2018 North American tour
- 2Pennywise speaks in official trailer for Stephen King's It: Watch
- 3Justin Bieber cancels tour to "rededicate himself to Christ," subsequently drives truck into paparazzi
- 4Haim covers Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much": Watch
- 5BØRNS shares new song "Faded Heart" and details its origins: Stream
- 1The 50 Most Outrageous Album Covers
- 2Eddie Vedder leads teary performance of "Black" in tribute to Chris Cornell: Watch
- 3Michael Phelps just raced against a great white shark on national TV
- 4Ranking: Every Arcade Fire Song From Worst to Best
- 5Sean Spicer breaks silence on Melissa McCarthy's SNL impersonation: "It was stupid, or silly, or malicious"
- 1R.I.P. Chester Bennington, Linkin Park singer has died at age of 41
- 2The 50 Most Outrageous Album Covers
- 3Ranking: Every Christopher Nolan Movie from Worst to Best
- 4The opening scene to Baby Driver needs to be viewed this very second
- 5Jack Black lip syncs Fugazi's "Waiting Room" like only Jack Black can: Watch