When Biggie Smalls rapped “Grab your dick if you love hip-hop,” you best believe a bunch of hands went to a bunch of crotches. And to this day, when Joan Jett belts out “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”, she knows damn well she’s not alone in digging the sweet, sweet racket made with guitar, bass, and drums. That’s because rap and rock are well entrenched in popular culture. You can’t imagine life without them. But not all genres have that kind of widespread appeal. One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain, and that’s the idea behind this celebration of divisive musical genres.
10 Genres You Either Love or Despise
One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain.
on March 31, 2014, 12:00am
- 1Korn singer Jonathan Davis' wife Deven dies at 39
- 2Pearl Jam defend anti-Trump poster: "The role of artists is to make people think and feel"
- 3Janet Jackson debuts "Made For Now" in first late-night appearance in 14 years: Watch
- 4Huntress singer Jill Janus dies of suicide at 43
- 5Avicii's cause of death revealed: Report
- 1Tekashi 6ix9ine kidnapped and robbed by three gunmen, currently in hospital
- 2Woman sexually assaulted during Foo Fighters' Wrigley Field concert
- 3Update: Demi Lovato rushed to hospital for apparent overdose
- 4Film Review: Mission: Impossible – Fallout Brings Tom Cruise Back to Earth
- 5R Kelly addresses sexual misconduct allegations on new 19-minute song "I Admit It"