When Biggie Smalls rapped “Grab your dick if you love hip-hop,” you best believe a bunch of hands went to a bunch of crotches. And to this day, when Joan Jett belts out “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”, she knows damn well she’s not alone in digging the sweet, sweet racket made with guitar, bass, and drums. That’s because rap and rock are well entrenched in popular culture. You can’t imagine life without them. But not all genres have that kind of widespread appeal. One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain, and that’s the idea behind this celebration of divisive musical genres.
10 Genres You Either Love or Despise
One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain.
on March 31, 2014, 12:00am
- 1A Metallica tribute band was robbed in Portland, and Metallica replaced their gear
- 2New study ranks the best (and worst) U.S. cities for music fans
- 3Seth Rogen and The Lonely Island are making a movie about a music festival that goes horribly wrong
- 4Liam Gallagher declares war on the "gobshite" from Blur and the "creepy one" from Oasis
- 5$12,000 luxury Fyre Festival is basically a disaster zone
- 1$12,000 luxury Fyre Festival is basically a disaster zone
- 2Kendrick Lamar releases new album DAMN.: Stream/download
- 3Daria creator imagines what the cast looks like 20 years later
- 4Coachella 2017 Festival Review: From Worst to Best
- 5Live Nation marks National Concert Day by selling 1 million concerts tickets at a price of $20