A 24-year-old man died Friday after attending the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, according to KLAS-TV Las Vegas. The man, identified as Montgomery Tsang, reportedly collapsed in the festival’s parking lot. He was taken to an area hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Initial reports suggest Tsang suffered from a medical condition, though the coroner has yet to release the exact cause of death.
Responding to the news, EDC released the following statement:
“Today we learned some very tragic news, that after attending the festival a guest of the show has passed away. We are deeply saddened by this news, and hope that everyone will join us in keeping his family and friends in their thoughts during this very difficult time. Dance music fans pride themselves in being part of a loving community and, as we get ready to start the second night of the show, we ask everyone to help us keep this event safe. Look after your group of friends, utilize the buddy system, and if you see something, say something. No one should ever hesitate to ask any of our medical staff, public safety personnel or Insomniac staff for help, or call 911 in case of an emergency. One death is one too many, and we all must do our part to keep each other safe, healthy and happy, tonight and every night.”
In 2010, a 15-year-old attendee of Electric Daisy Carnival’s Los Angeles installment died from a drug overdose. Met with intense controversy, the festival was forced to relocate to Las Vegas, where its called home for four years. This year’s festival is expected to draw a daily attendance of 140,000.