On Wednesday night, How to Dress Well’s Tom Krell hosted an intimate record release party for his forthcoming third studio album, “What Is This Heart?”, at New York City’s Slipper Room. With two weeks to go before the album surfaces, Krell enjoyed his time amongst friends, publicists, and writers as he performed new material alongside old fare such as “Cold Nites” and “Suicide Dream 1”. The latter came with a story about how he originally penned the track following a close friend’s death, and how he’s since found solace in revisiting it. Didn’t make it out? Click through the gallery below and catch Krell this fall when he returns to the much bigger Irving Plaza.
In Photos: How to Dress Well at New York’s Slipper Room (6/11)
by Wei Shi
on June 13, 2014, 12:49pm
The saga continues: Morrissey’s guitarist also blames tour cancellation on opening act
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Hannibal Buress arrested for disorderly intoxication after asking police officer to call him an Uber
- 2Ed Sheeran wants to make a lo-fi album inspired by Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska
- 3Maynard James Keenan responds to latest Tool album news: "Burp"
- 4Video shows QOTSA's Josh Homme kicking photographer during concert in Los Angeles
- 5Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Is Just The Room in Space
- 1Video shows QOTSA's Josh Homme kicking photographer during concert in Los Angeles
- 2DC Films is firing pretty much everyone responsible for disastrous Justice League movie
- 3Hannibal Buress arrested for disorderly intoxication after asking police officer to call him an Uber
- 4Josh Homme issues second apology to photographer: "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life"
- 5Eminem's Revival album cover is going to piss off Trump
- 1Top 50 Albums of 2017
- 2Neil Young's online music archive is here, and it's fucking incredible
- 3Matt Lauer had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock women inside his office
- 4The new teaser trailer for Deadpool 2 is one big spoof of Bob Ross: Watch
- 5Video shows QOTSA's Josh Homme kicking photographer during concert in Los Angeles