Photo by Elle Pritts
Of the 16 individuals hospitalized, several were underage and taken to children’s hospitals. In an interview with NBC Chicago, Andrew Bazos, who oversaw safety for the concert’s promoter, said, “If their parents were there, they would have gone home with their parents … It’s not fair to make the promoter take care of kids who don’t know how to behave. … They’re young, and they’re often irresponsible.”
In recent months, several EDM concerts have experienced similar problems with drug overdoses. Two attendees died at this year’s Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, and 118 fans at Miami’s Ultra Music Festival needed medical attention. Meanwhile, an Avicii concert in Toronto left nearly 30 attendees hospitalized.