The Lorde-curated soundtrack to The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt. 1 is chock full of exciting collaborations between Lorde and Kanye West, The Chemical Brothers, Lorde, and Miguel, and Major Lazer and Ariana Grande. Perhaps most intriguing, however, is the track titled “Meltdown”, which pairs Lorde and HAIM with rap kingpins Pusha T and Q-Tip, and Belgian producer Stromae.
You wouldn’t think such an oddball grouping of musicians would gel together so well, but Lorde and HAIM’s tantalizing chorus proves the perfect bridge for Pusha and Q-Tip’s hard-hitting verses. Listen in below.
The Hunger Games soundtrack is out November 17th and also includes contributions from Bat For Lashes, CHVRCHES (“Dead Air”), Charli XCX, and Raury. See the full tracklist below. Pre-orders are ongoing.
The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt. 1 Tracklist:
01. Stromae – Meltdown (feat. Lorde, Pusha T, Q-Tip, HAIM)
02. CHVRCHES – Dead Air
03. Tove Lo – Scream My Name
04. Charli XCX – Kingdom (feat. Simon Bon)
05. Major Lazer – All My Love (feat. Ariana Grande)
06. Raury – Lost Souls
07. Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat
08. Tinashé – The Leap
09. Bat for Lashes – Plan the Escape
10. Grace Jones – Original Beast
11. Lorde – Flicker (Kanye West Rework)
12. XOV – Animal
13. The Chemical Brothers – This Is Not a Game (feat. Miguel)
14. Lorde – Ladder Song (Bright Eyes cover)