On November 11th, Norwegian electronic duo Röyksopp wil release their fifth and final studio album, The Inevitable End, via Interscope / Cherrytree Records. In anticipation, the album is streaming in full at iTunes Radio.
The 12-track effort comes just months after the release of Do It Again, their collaborative EP with Robyn, and mark the pair’s first full-length album since 2010’s Senior. In addition to “Monument” from Do It Again and lead single “Skulls”, the record features another Robyn collaboration entitled “Rong”, several tracks featuring Jamie McDermott of The Irrepressibles, and “Running to the Sea”, which was first debuted live in 2012
In a statement, members Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland said that while this is their final long-player, they plan to release new music together in other formats and configurations:
With The Inevitable End we’ve moved into a darker subject matter, with emphasis on the lyrical content. This candid approach feels very both personal, sincere and conclusive… With this album it became clear we wanted to make an album in a classical sense even if it’s the last one we make … We feel like this is a goodbye to the traditional album format. In our consecutive run of albums, we have been able to say what we want to say and do what we want to do with the LP. We’re not going to stop making music, but the album format as such, this is the last thing from us.
Pre-orders for the album are ongoing.
The Inevitable End Tracklist:
02. Monument feat. Robyn (T.I.E. Version)
03. Sordid Affair feat. Ryan James of Man Without Country
04. You Know I Have To Go feat. Jamie McDermott of The Irrepressibles
05. Save Me feat. Susanne Sundfør
06. I Had This Thing feat. Jamie McDermott of the Irrepressibles
07. Rong feat. Robyn
08. Here She Comes Again feat. Jamie McDermott of the Irrepressibles
09. Running to the Sea feat. Susanne Sundfør
10. Compulsion feat. Jamie McDermott of the Irrepressibles
11. Coup de Grace
12. Thank You