In 2012, Seattle’s THEESatisfaction released awE naturalE, an album that seamlessly blended R&B, hip-hop, and electronic music. Now, the duo comprised of rapper Stasia “Stas” Irons and singer Catherine “Cat” Harris-White has announced its follow-up, EarthEE.
Due out February 24th, 2015 via Sub Pop, the 13-track effort boasts a bevy of collaborators, including Shabazz Palaces, Porter Ray, Meshell Ndegeocello, and Taylor Brown, among others.
Our first preview of the record comes in the form of “Recognition”, which features Shabazz Palaces and singer/multi-instrumentalist Erik Blood. The track serves as a bold reminder of THEESatisfaction’s brand of futuristic R&B: a groovy, hypnotic jam that eventually leads to one rather engaging, synth-led interlude.
In a statement, THEESatisfaction said that “Recognition” is “a message of self assurance and ultimate belief. Its purpose is to encourage confidence as well as to celebrate those who inspire us. Within it we give praise and respect to our ancestors. It’s a daily mantra to stay aligned with your path.” Listen in below (via The FADER).
01. “Prophetic Perfection”
02. “No GMO” feat. Taylor Brown)
03. “Planet for Sale”
04. “Blandland” (feat. Ishmael Butler of Shabazz Palaces)
05. “Fetch/Catch” (feat. Taylor Brown)
06. “Nature’s Candy”
07. “EarthEE” (feat. Shabazz Palaces, Porter Ray, and Erik Blood)
08. “Post Black, Anyway”
09. “Universal Perspective” (feat. Meshell Ndegeocello)
10. “WerQ” (feat. Meshell Ndegeocello)
11. “Sir Come Navigate” (feat. Tendai Maraire of Shabazz Palaces)
12. “Recognition” (feat. Shabazz Palaces and Erik Blood)
13. “I Read You” (feat. Erik Blood)