On July 17th, Iron & Wine and Band of Horses frontman Ben Bridwell will release their collaborative covers album, Sing Into My Mouth. Due out via Black Cricket/Brown Records, the 12-track effort features new takes on classics by Spiritualized, Pete Seeger, and Bonnie Raitt, among others.
Already we’ve heard their rendition of “There’s No Way Out of Here”, a song originally by Unicorn but made famous by David Gilmour, as well as a re-imagining of Sade’s “Bulletproof Soul”. Now, the two singer-songwriters have revealed their twangy yet gentle cover of “This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)”, off Talking Heads’ 1983 album, Speaking in Tongues. Listen in below.
Sing Into My Mouth Tracklist:
01. This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) (Talking Heads)
02. Done This One Before (Ronnie Lane)
03. Any Day Woman (Bonnie Raitt)
04. You Know Me More Than I Know (John Cale)
05. Bulletproof Soul (Sade)
06. There’s No Way Out of Here (Unicorn)
07. God Knows (You Gotta Give to Get) (El Perro del Mar)
08. The Straight and Narrow (Spiritualized)
09. Magnolia (JJ Cale)
10. Am I a Good Man? (Them Two)
11. Ab’s Song (Marshall Tucker Band)
12. Coyote, My Little Brother (Pete Seeger)
Iron & Wine and Bridwell will tour together behind the album in July; see all the dates here.