Ghostface Killah and composer Adrian Younge are set to release their new collaborative album, Twelve Reasons to Die II, on July 10th through Linear Labs. In anticipation, the LP is streaming in its entirety via NYTimes.com.
Spanning 13 tracks, the LP is the sequel to their 2013 concept record, Twelve Reasons to Die, and continues to follow the story of protagonist Tony Stark (played by Ghostface), an enforcer who worked for the New York City DeLuca crime family. The album features a host of special guests in Bilal, Vince Staples, and Lyrics Born, and also sees Ghostface teaming up with his fellow Wu-Tang Clan comrades Raekwon and RZA.
A press release details the album’s backstory:
Twelve Reasons to Die Part II is set in the grimy streets of mid-1970s New York City. Descendants of the DeLucas are running the city but a new and powerful crime syndicate is rising, commanded by black gangster Lester Kane (personified by Raekwon). As his power grows, Kane takes on the DeLucas and a war ensues. Kane has always known the legend of Tony Starks, who was killed by the DeLucas in Italy (in part 1) and whose remains were partially used to create twelve vinyl records. When played back in the “old world,” the Ghostface Killah rose and destroyed the Italian faction. Enter Twelve Reasons to Die Part II.
Pre-orders are ongoing.
Twelve Reasons to Die II Tracklist:
01. Powerful One
02. Return of the Savage feat. Raekwon and RZA
03. King of New York feat. Raekwon
04. Rise Up feat. Scarub
05. Daily News
06. Get the Money feat. Vince Staples
07. Death’s Invitation Interlude feat. RZA
08. Death’s Invitation feat. Scarub, Lyrics Born, Chino XL
09. Let the Record Spin Interlude feat. RZA
10. Let the Record Spin feat. Raekwon
11. Black Out feat. Raekwon
12. Resurrection Morning feat. Raekwon and Bilal
13. Life’s a Rebirth feat. RZA