Entertainment News
The No. 1 Source For Breaking Music, Film, and TV Headlines

Paris’ Le Bataclan to reopen this fall, one year after terror attack

on April 13, 2016, 3:55pm

One year after the Paris terror attacks left over 80 of its concertgoers dead, music venue Le Bataclan is set to reopen. A post on the venue’s Facebook page today announced the first string of confirmed dates, which includes a solo gig from Pete Doherty of The Libertines on November 16th and Nada Surf show on December 2nd.

It’s unclear whether Doherty’s concert is Le Bataclan’s grand reopening event, or if additional shows will be added to the calendar. Previously, Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes said he wanted to perform the day the venue opens its doors to the public again.

Barely a week after the attacks occurred, Le Bataclan’s co-manager Dominique Revert promised the venue would return to serve the music-loving residents of the City of Light. “It will reopen, no question about it,” he told Billboard. “Hearts will be heavy for a few months, a few years. But we will reopen. We will not surrender.”

Below, read Le Bataclan’s full Facebook post.

No comments