Boston Calling unveiled its 2016 edition over Memorial Day weekend, putting an exclamation mark on its time at City Hall Plaza before it moves to a larger location at Harvard University’s athletic fields for 2017. Along with our traditional festival coverage, we had a chance to catch some of the artists for behind-the-scenes photos, including Courtney Barnett, Vince Staples, and The Front Bottoms. Take a look below.
Boston Calling 2016: Exclusive Portrait Gallery
Behind-the-scenes moments with Courtney Barnett, Vince Staples and others
- 1R.I.P. Bento, the Keyboard Cat
- 2Hannibal Buress kicked off stage at Loyola University after joking about priests molesting kids
- 3Fan Theories: Did Radon Poisoning Make The Office's Later Seasons Weird?
- 4Jack White makes live return with intimate concerts at Third Man Records: Setlist
- 5SXSW Film Review: Isle of Dogs Refuses to Get Sentimental About Its Canines
- 1Pearl Jam confirm release of new album
- 2Pearl Jam pay tribute to Chris Cornell at first concert of 2018: Video + Setlist
- 3Hannibal Buress kicked off stage at Loyola University after joking about priests molesting kids
- 4Neil Young responds to NRA spokesperson's obsessive hatred of his music: “Why doesn’t she just shoot me?"
- 5R.I.P. Bento, the Keyboard Cat
- 1Radiohead announce 2018 North American tour
- 2Kanye West and his family will appear on the Family Feud
- 3Donald Glover announces 2018 US arena tour as Childish Gambino
- 4Teenager who plotted terror attack on Justin Bieber concert sentenced to life in prison
- 5Smashing Pumpkins' reunion tour doesn't appear to be selling very well