Oh, those cheeky Russo Brothers. Before Anthony and Joe Russo became Marvel Studio’s new golden boys, the directing duo made a name for themselves directing TV comedies liked Arrested Development and Community. Not ones to forget their roots, the brothers have slipped familiar faces into each of their Captain America films. Danny Pudi — Abed Nadir from Community — shows up in Captain America: Winter Soldier, and Jim Rash — Dean Palton, also from Community — appears in Captain America: Civil War. But that’s not the only cameo the Russo’s tucked into their latest blockbuster.
The centerpiece of Civil War is the massive throwdown that takes place at Germany’s Leipzig-Halle airport. Already being called the best cinematic superhero battle ever filmed, the sequence also features one of the Russo’s best, most subtle homages. Parked back behind the action as Captain America and Ant-Man discuss their game plan sits a familiar vehicle: the Bluth Company stair car from Arrested Development.
The Russos are not ones to cry about their old TV career. Instead, they built an airport, put the Bluth name on it. How much you want to bet a boat called Lucille or The C-Word gets blown up in Infinity War? Check out the Civil War scene in question below (via Reddit).
- BTS unveil new single "Black Swan" and art film: Stream
- Unreleased David Bowie track "I Can't Read '97" freed from vault: Stream
- 10 Comic Book Movies to Watch in 2020
- Eminem drops surprise new album Music To Be Murdered By: Stream
- 070 Shake unveils debut album Modus Vivendi: Stream
- Mac Miller's posthumous album Circles arrives: Stream
- Barack Obama lands first Oscar nomination
- Snoop Dogg smokes blunt outside White House: "Fuck the president"
- Pearl Jam announce new album Gigaton, North American tour
- Gwyneth Paltrow is selling a candle that "smells like my vagina"
- Jason Segel and Paul Rudd pay tribute to Rush drummer Neil Peart
- Steely Dan announce US summer tour with Steve Winwood