Photo by Philip Cosores
After teasing with recent singles “Huey Knew” and “Braille”, Top Dawg’s Entertainment’s Ab-Soul has finally announced his fourth studio effort, and it’s coming sooner than we thought. The project is titled DWTW (rumored to stand for “Do What Thou Wilt”) and due to arrive this Friday, December 9th.
The California-born rapper revealed the news on Twitter this afternoon, along with the official album artwork (seen below). He also let loose an all-new song in “Threatening Nature”, a PakkMusicGroup-produced cut in which Soulo can be heard dropping the phrase “Do What Thou Wilt”.
Stream it below.
DWTW follows 2014’s These Days... and is the latest in a string of releases from TDE. The label previously issued Kendrick Lamar’s untitled unmastered, Isaiah Rashad’s The Sun’s Tirade, and one of the year’s best in ScHoolboy Q’s Blank Face LP.
Update: The tracklist for DWTW has been revealed. It features previously released singles “Huey Knew” and “Braille”, as well as notable collaborations with fellow Black Hippy member ScHoolboy Q, TDE co-president “Punch” and label mate SZA, and Mac Miller.
01. Raw (Backwards) (feat. Zacari)
02. Braille (feat. Bas)
03. Huey Knew (feat. Dash)
04. Threatening Nature
06. Invocation (feat. Kokaine)
07. Wifey vs Wifi/P.M.S. (feat BR3)
08. Beat the Case (feat. ScHoolboy Q)/Straight Crooked
09. Portishead in the Morning/Her World
10. God’s A Girl?
11. Now You Know
13. Evil Genius (feat. Teedra Moses, Javonte)
14. Lonely Soul (feat. Punch)/The Law (Prelude) (feat. SZA)
15. The Law (feat. Mac Miller, Rapsody)