There are quite a few songs to look forward to on Gentlewoman, Ruby Man, the collaborative cover album coming from CoSigned indie rocker Matthew E. White and UK singer-songwriter Flo Morrissey. There’s their take on James Blake’s “Colour of Anything” or Leonard Cohen’s “Suzanne”, for example. But today, just one day before the album drops, perhaps one of the most intriguing remakes of all is being shared: Frank Ocean’s “Thinkin Bout You”.
White and Morrissey’s take on the Channel Orange track supplants the original’s smokey R&B with a bit of funky soul. Guitar flutters replace synth hums on the chorus as Morrissey takes over the vocals following White’s handling of the verses. Take a listen below.
Out January 13th, Gentlewoman, Ruby Man has been previously previewed with covers of Little Wings (“Look At What The Light Did”), the Bee Gees (“Grease”), Velvet Underground (“Sunday Morning”), and Nino Ferrer (“Looking For You”).
Gentlewoman, Ruby Man Tracklist:
01. Look At What The Light Did (Little Wings cover)
02. Thinking ‘Bout You (Frank Ocean cover)
03. Looking For You (Nino Ferrer cover)
04. Colour of Anything (James Blake cover)
05. Everybody Loves the Sunshine (Roy Ayers cover)
06. Grease (Bee Gees cover)
07. Suzanne (Leonard Cohen cover)
08. Sunday Morning (Velvet Underground cover)
09. Heaven Can Wait (Charlotte Gainsbourg cover)
10. Govindam (George Harrison cover)