Today marks the release of Gentlewoman, Ruby Man, the new collaborative covers album from CoSigned singer-songwriter Matthew E. White and British musician Flo Morrissey. Spotify and Apple Music subscribers can stream the project in its entirety below.
Gentlewoman was pieced together in Richmond, Virginia, with the help of White’s Spacebomb Records house band. He and Flo Morrissey came to be musical partners after first crossing paths at a Lee Hazlewood tribute show at the Barbican in London back in 2015.
Spanning 10 tracks, the album features updated takes on a wide variety of artists, such as Leonard Cohen, Frank Ocean, the Bee Gees, James Blake, and George Harrison. Early previews of the LP include impressive reworks of the Bee Gees classic “Grease”, “Sunday Morning” by the Velvet Underground, and the Ocean staple “Thinkin Bout You”.
Gentlewoman, Ruby Man Artwork:
Gentlewoman, Ruby Man Tracklist:
01. Look At What The Light Did (Little Wings cover)
02. Thinking ‘Bout You (Frank Ocean cover)
03. Looking For You (Nino Ferrer cover)
04. Colour of Anything (James Blake cover)
05. Everybody Loves the Sunshine (Roy Ayers cover)
06. Grease (Bee Gees cover)
07. Suzanne (Leonard Cohen cover)
08. Sunday Morning (Velvet Underground cover)
09. Heaven Can Wait (Charlotte Gainsbourg cover)
10. Govindam (George Harrison cover)