In recent weeks, the surviving members of Audioslave have twice paid tribute to their singer Chris Cornell.Tom Morello, Tim Commerford, and Brad Wilk first played an instrumental version of “Like a Stone” in rehearsal, and later recruited System of a Down’s Serj Tankian to provide vocals for a rendition performed during Prophets of Rage’s set at Rock im Park Festival. Prophets of Rage were back on stage in Berlin Wednesday night, and the trio once again honored their fallen comrade. This time, as the band kicked into a performance of “Like a Stone”, a single spotlight shined down on an empty microphone placed at the center of the stage. The gathered audience responded by singing along to the song’s lyrics. Watch fan-shot footage of the special moment below (via Alternative Nation).
Audioslave members perform “Like a Stone” as spotlight shines down on empty microphone — watch
An emotional tribute to the band's late singer, Chris Cornell
by Alex Young
on June 08, 2017, 1:18am
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Marilyn Manson on Twiggy Ramirez rape allegation: "I am saddened by Jessicka’s obvious distress"
- 2Here's our first look at Christian Bale as Dick Cheney for Adam McKay's upcoming biopic
- 3The 100 Scariest Movies of All Time
- 4Twiggy Ramirez, longtime bassist for Marilyn Manson, accused of rape
- 5Garfield creator Jim Davis addresses longstanding "dog semen" theory
- 1The 100 Scariest Movies of All Time
- 2FOX News: Radiohead's music "is just elaborate moaning and whining for ring tone sounds"
- 3Carrie Fisher once gave a cow tongue to a Hollywood producer who sexually harassed her friend
- 410 Bands Who Changed Their Name and Found Fame
- 5Ivanka Trump remembers her 90's "punk phase" and mourning Kurt Cobain's death for 24 hours