As fate would have it, Foo Fighters and Rick Astley were both on the bill at this weekend’s Summer Sonic Festival in Japan. During their own headlining set, Foo Fighters invited Astley onstage to join them in performing his No. 1 single-turned-viral meme, “Never Gonna Give You Up”. Appropriately, however, the band trolled the audience by playing the song in the style of Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”. Only after Astley began singing the lyrics to “Never Gonna Give You Up” did the onstage RickRoll become evident. Watch above.
Foo Fighters troll audience by bringing out Rick Astley for “Never Gonna Give You Up”: Watch
Played in the style of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
by Alex Young
on August 20, 2017, 1:35pm
- 1Taylor Swift and Ticketmaster launch controversial pay-to-play ticketing system
- 2Justin Bieber told Marilyn Manson "I made you relevant again" with repurposed t-shirt
- 3The first teaser trailer for Super Troopers 2 has arrived: Watch
- 4Here's our first look at Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury in forthcoming biopic
- 5Justin Timberlake joined Foo Fighters in the studio after getting drunk with Dave Grohl in a parking lot