During an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday night, the Vice Principals star revealed that Kanye recently visited him in Charleston, South Carolina to discuss the project.
“He had an idea for a project, which I think is a pretty brilliant idea. He wanted to do a movie about the story of his life, and he wanted me to play him,” McBride explained. “So I thought it was a cool enough idea to be like, ‘Yeah, I’d love to hang out and talk about it.’ So, he came down [to Charleston], we hung out, went out on a boat, and just talked.”
Later, McBride said Kanye returned to his house and spent the rest of the evening watching McBride’s son play Fortnite.
Whether or not the project comes to fruition, is anyone’s guess. However, fans are guaranteed to see at least one on-screen portrayal of Kanye in the near future. Showtime recently picked up Ominverse, a half-hour anthology series exploring the Ego through the alternative reality of Kanye, whose younger self will be played by Jaden Smith.
As for McBride, his new HBO comedy The Righteous Stones is set to premiere next month.
- Liz Phair shows off her "Good Side" on Seth Meyers: Watch
- Marilyn Manson to support Ozzy Osbourne on 2020 North American tour
- Metronomy announce 2020 North American tour
- Dwayne Johnson reveals Black Adam release date, first look at concept art
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been renewed by NBC for an eighth season
- The Motorola Razr is back, baby
- Top 100 Songs of the 2010s
- Awkward mosh pit breaks out during Marilyn Manson's gig at Astroworld Fest
- Top 25 Metal Albums of the 2010s
- Trent Reznor wins CMA Award for "Old Town Road"
- Kacey Musgraves and Willie Nelson cover The Muppets' "Rainbow Connection" at 2019 CMA Awards: Watch
- Brian Setzer diagnosed with severe tinnitus, cancels holiday tour