During an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday night, the Vice Principals star revealed that Kanye recently visited him in Charleston, South Carolina to discuss the project.
“He had an idea for a project, which I think is a pretty brilliant idea. He wanted to do a movie about the story of his life, and he wanted me to play him,” McBride explained. “So I thought it was a cool enough idea to be like, ‘Yeah, I’d love to hang out and talk about it.’ So, he came down [to Charleston], we hung out, went out on a boat, and just talked.”
Later, McBride said Kanye returned to his house and spent the rest of the evening watching McBride’s son play Fortnite.
Whether or not the project comes to fruition, is anyone’s guess. However, fans are guaranteed to see at least one on-screen portrayal of Kanye in the near future. Showtime recently picked up Ominverse, a half-hour anthology series exploring the Ego through the alternative reality of Kanye, whose younger self will be played by Jaden Smith.
As for McBride, his new HBO comedy The Righteous Stones is set to premiere next month.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel heads out on tour in first teaser for Season 3: Watch
- Korn to play virtual concert inside a video game
- Billie Eilish claims No. 1 single with "Bad Guy", ends "Old Town Road"'s record-breaking reign
- Atreyu to celebrate 20th anniversary with fall US tour featuring Whitechapel, He Is Legend, and more
- Anna Wise announces debut album, As If It Were Forever, shares "Nerve": Stream
- Kyle Meredith joins MSNBC's Morning Joe as music contributor
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79
- Slayer apparently too "terrifying" for NASCAR as band's sponsorship is pulled due to "reactionary concerns"
- Feds accuse R Kelly of spreading herpes
- Jack White attended a baseball game, left to play a show, and returned in time to see its ending
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival