On this episode of Rock it Out! Blog, Sami invites Sheri Sanders, author of Rock The Audition, and Jessica Redish, the founding Artistic Director of The Music Theatre Company, for a roundtable discussion on rock musicals.They discuss what the difference is between a rock musical and a Broadway musical, which rock musicals are the best ones to check out, the problem with putting established rock songs into a musical, and how to audition for a show.
“The Wonderful World of Rock Musicals”
on April 30, 2014, 6:00pm
- 1R.I.P. Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, has died at age of 76
- 2Social Distortion's Mike Ness beat the shit out of a Trump supporter
- 3Huntress singer Jill Janus dies of suicide at 43
- 4Best Metal Albums of 2018 So Far
- 5Jane's Addiction's Chris Chaney fills in for Nate Mendel at Foo Fighters concert: Watch
- 1Aretha Franklin said to be gravely ill: Report
- 2Pearl Jam cover Chris Cornell and Tom Petty at Seattle Home Away show: Watch
- 3Social Distortion's Mike Ness beat the shit out of a Trump supporter
- 4Demi Lovato's overdose was trigged by Oxycodone laced with fentanyl: Report
- 5Azealia Banks calls her weekend at Elon Musk's house "a real [life] episode of Get Out"
- 1Tekashi 6ix9ine kidnapped and robbed by three gunmen, currently in hospital
- 2Woman sexually assaulted during Foo Fighters' Wrigley Field concert
- 3Update: Demi Lovato rushed to hospital for apparent overdose
- 4Film Review: Mission: Impossible – Fallout Brings Tom Cruise Back to Earth
- 5R Kelly addresses sexual misconduct allegations on new 19-minute song "I Admit It"