In this exclusive Q&A, Rock it Out! Blog host Sami Jarroush chats with Gary Catona, one of the most in demand vocal coaches in music. Catona, who has worked with artists including Lorde, Andrea Bocelli, and Whitney Houston, discusses his technique on how he helps singers keep their throats strong so they can tour for lengthy periods of time without ruining their voices. He also offers a few vocal exercises that you can do on your own to strengthen your own voice.
The Vocal Coach Behind Lorde, Andrea Bocelli, and more
Find out the vocal exercises used to keep artists' voices strong while on tour
on October 05, 2015, 5:00pm
- 1Lorne Michaels pulled Pete Davidson's sketches from SNL Christmas episode
- 2Spike Lee thinks Prince and Michael Jackson biopics would be impossible to cast
- 3The Strokes plotting "global comeback" for 2019
- 4Warped Tour to return to three cities in 2019 to celebrate 25th anniversary
- 5Paul McCartney reunites with Ringo Starr to perform "Get Back" in London: Watch
- 1Miley Cyrus defies physics with Saturday Night Live performance: Watch
- 2The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards says he's quit drinking: "I pulled the plug on it"
- 3Michelle Obama recounts difficulty in convincing Prince to perform at White House
- 4Lorne Michaels pulled Pete Davidson's sketches from SNL Christmas episode
- 5The 20 Worst Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snubs
- 1Tekashi 6ix9ine faces 32 years to life in prison
- 2Adding insult to injury, Tekashi 6ix9ine's Dummy Boy has leaked
- 3Tekashi 6ix9ine confronted in prison by rival gang members, NYPD investigating his connection to Chief Keef shooting
- 4Pete Davidson blocked Ariana Grande post-split: "You’re not good for my health. I can’t have this in my life."
- 5Top 50 Albums of 2018