Recently, Professor Adrian North of Curtin University conducted a study surveying 36,000 people in six different countries to examine the connection between music and one’s personality. Among his findings? Listeners have more in common with fans of the same music than with those who listened to different styles of music, lower income listens prefer relaxing music over exciting, punchier tunes, and heavy metal music listeners have a lot in common with fans of classic musical. On today’s episode of Rock it Out! Blog, we talk with Professor North about his study, the results, and more.
“What Your Musical Listening Habits Say About Your Personality”
on November 03, 2014, 5:30pm
- 1R.I.P. Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, has died at age of 76
- 2Social Distortion's Mike Ness beat the shit out of a Trump supporter
- 3Best Metal Albums of 2018 So Far
- 4Jane's Addiction's Chris Chaney fills in for Nate Mendel at Foo Fighters concert: Watch
- 5Huntress singer Jill Janus dies of suicide at 43
- 1Aretha Franklin said to be gravely ill: Report
- 2Pearl Jam cover Chris Cornell and Tom Petty at Seattle Home Away show: Watch
- 3Demi Lovato's overdose was trigged by Oxycodone laced with fentanyl: Report
- 4Social Distortion's Mike Ness beat the shit out of a Trump supporter
- 5Azealia Banks calls her weekend at Elon Musk's house "a real [life] episode of Get Out"
- 1Tekashi 6ix9ine kidnapped and robbed by three gunmen, currently in hospital
- 2Woman sexually assaulted during Foo Fighters' Wrigley Field concert
- 3Update: Demi Lovato rushed to hospital for apparent overdose
- 4Film Review: Mission: Impossible – Fallout Brings Tom Cruise Back to Earth
- 5R Kelly addresses sexual misconduct allegations on new 19-minute song "I Admit It"
- Exclusive Features • Heavy Consequence • Heavy Music Interviews • Heavy Music News • Interviews • News